Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Sowing

Spring is finally here so it is time to catch up on my sowing. Tonight I started Burgundy Okra (seed shared by EG), Anaheim Peppers, Sport Peppers & Green Goliath Broccoli. They are tucked in the heated propagator now in hopes they germinate quickly. Next up will be Peas in Rootrainers and some 3" pots of Herbs.

Super Moon

To wrap up this post, here is a shot of the Super Moon that I took on March 19th. Unfortunately I missed the largest view of the moon when it was at the horizon. The sky did not clear until 11pm and at that time the moon was quite high in the sky.

11 comments:

  1. great photo! I didn't think to take any, not that my little camera would capture that image all that well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your seeds! I would love to grow okra but our season is too short to do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous shot of the moon. Quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel. I've just clicked your link on rootrainers as i keep seeing seasoned gardeners mention them as part of their sowing's and wasn't sure what they were. They look great, I might just have to get some :)

    Nice pic of the moon, managed to get a couple myself although for better detail the half moon phases make better photo's as you can see the craters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eye-catching photos - love the moon!

    I've been sowing too - tis the season! Peppers, tomatoes, leeks, onions, parsley and more. Funny how we wait and wait for spring and then before we know it, it's here and there is so much to do - all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photo! I didn't get to see it, we were being lashed by a nasty storm that night. But the moon was so bright that the storm clouds were lit from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seed starting is such a happy way to wait out the last of the late winter/early spring season. :D

    That is a stunning image of the super moon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazed to hear that you are growing okra! I tried it here and the Summer is just too cool and short. Have you grown it before? in Canada??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also interested to hear how the Okra does in Ontario. Have you grown it before up there? How high does it get during your growing season?

    ReplyDelete